Historic hotel, crisp fall weather, an opportunity to connect with other museum folk… all while in “Beer City, USA!”
Sounds pretty good, right? The Association of Midwest Museums is teaming up with the Michigan Museums Association to offer a wide variety of sessions and networking opportunities at the 2019 Joint Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Get the best of what AMM and the Michigan Museums Association have to offer all at one conference!
- The hotel: Amway Grand Plaza Hotel is a stunning mix of old and new.
- You can take a spin on the antique Spillman Carousel at the Grand Rapids Public Museum.
- Fish Ladder…part artwork, part fish migration aid. Need we say more?
- Frank Lloyd Wright fan? Check out the Meyer May House!
- The food is superb and the restaurants have super cool names: Electric Cheetah, Donkey Taquiera, HopCat, and so many more.
- The historic Heritage Hill neighborhood is one of the country’s largest urban historic districts with 1,300 homes.
- Historic houses not your thing? You can always try the ultra hip neighborhood of Eastown with its galleries, coffee shops, specialty stores.
- You might even find time to relax and take in the fall weather with a walk in Calvin College Ecosystem Preserve!
- Speaking of fall, we’ve timed this joint conference just right for you to take in Project 1 – a new public art event by the organizers of Grand Rapids’ world-famous biennial invitational called ArtPrize.
The joint conference will take place October 2-5, 2019. Stay tuned this winter for the Call for Session Proposals and other program announcements!